- This event has passed.
SEEING BEYOND THE NUMBERS: Understanding Nonprofit Accounting Operations and How to Use This Information to Tell Your Story
June 7, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Clear, comprehensive and understanding financial reports are critical for nonprofits to be able to adapt and flex to the ever – changing environment. Join us for this session presented by nonprofit financial consultant, Jennifer Kelsch, where you’ll learn about:
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Presenting financial information to funders
- Key indicators on financial performance – what the Board should look for
- Financial scenario planning
As a result of this training, participants will build knowledge and skills related to nonprofit financial acumen, specifically:
- What each type of financial statement tells us
- The difference between audits, reviews and compilations
- Internal controls and fraud prevention practices
- Nonprofit budgets
- The Board’s role in financial oversight
If you were unable to attend, or would like to learn what was discussed, please view the Zoom recording below.